Windows8 forum problem?

Please report any problems you encounter so we can get them fixed.
BruceS
Site Admin

Windows8 forum problem?

Post by BruceS »

Has anyone else noticed that when you read a topic when using Windows8 & Internet Explorer 10 that a topic isn't marked as read?
I know I can manually "mark topic read" but I shouldn't need to.
BruceS
Mannum, SA

T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Re: Windows8 forum problem?

Post by T1 Terry »

I'm waiting 8.1 to have been out long enough for the bugs to be sorted, then I'll make the monumental leap from my comfy XP to Windows 8. the learning bit will have heaps of swear words involved anyway so no point in the pain of doing widows 7 along the way.
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Dot

Post by Dot »

7 does my head in bugga 8 for now :lol:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
norman
Location: Home Base...Paeroa.NZ OZ Base. Where ever we happen to be.......

Post by norman »

Im staying with xp no matter what....I got a xp pro disc im hanging on to ....... 8-) 8-)
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than speak and remove all doubt....
If at first you dont succeed, Skydiving is not for you.
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

As of April next yr XP will no longer be supported by Microsoft, so no more patches or malicious software removal tools etc a hackers free reign of terror. I expect the anti virus mobs will stop supporting it at the same time. Bluescope Port Kembla are doing a frantic upgrade of equipment and XP to Windows7 rebuilds on any newer machines in an attempt to beat the deadline. Microsoft will provide support at $100 plus per PC in a 700 min PC bundle, so $700 min if you want 12mths more support, then it doubles each yr after that.
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
norman
Location: Home Base...Paeroa.NZ OZ Base. Where ever we happen to be.......

Post by norman »

I got M/S support and updates turned off. Have had for years....Not prob.... 8-) 8-)Got xp antispy
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than speak and remove all doubt....
If at first you dont succeed, Skydiving is not for you.
dapope

Post by dapope »

PEASANTS! Lol
I have win 8, and a handy little bit of software that makes the front end look like win7, or vista or even xp if i want.
Very handy if you want to keep the ostrich approach. Having said that, I find I am slowly getting used to the win 8 front end. A touch screen would be brilliant, the last 5 weeks away have seen me use the tablet mostly, the lappy comes out on mondays to get the weekend overseas tv
Wobblybox on wheels
Pace Arrow. La de da, property in two continents..
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

:lol: Windows 8.1 is supposed to be non touch screen designed, they were looking at loosing the industrial market like Apple did way back when because it was not industry friendly. Someone only needs to come up with an industry friendly Linux OP and they will take off like Microsoft did with 95. microsoft would never claw it back then, industry loves Linux, it's just not friendly to the average user, but it powers all the servers and serious stuff already, so a move to all Linux for industry would be a dream come true for them, and a whole new industry writing interface programs :lol:
TassyJim

Post by TassyJim »

Back to the original post,
You can always install Firefox on W8

I do have a W8 laptop but rarely have to resort to Internet Explorer.
I do hate some of the changes but once I got the start-button back, I was a contented puppy.

I am doing a UNI course on-line and they BEG you to use anything but Internet Explorer!

Jim
Jim & Jennene with Teddy & Pascale. RIP Scarlet
Used to have Iveco towing a 5th Wheeler
Now back to dreaming again...
Nomad's Almanac
http://www.c-com.com.au/nomad.htm
generdawg

Post by generdawg »

dapope wrote: A touch screen would be brilliant,
Careful what you wish for. One of the things about W8 is RSI when used with a laptop. :( Seems it is more suitable sans keyboard.
T1 Terry wrote:...industry loves Linux, it's just not friendly to the average user,...
Sez who? Unix, Unix, Unix. What do we want? UNIX! When do we want it? NOW! :lol:

dawg (Win 7 is on par with Win 98 - very stable and almost bullet proof)
Experience is a wonderful thing. It helps you recognise a mistake when repeated.