Please introduce yourself here. Tell us a little about yourself but, please, no long conversations here.
BruceS
Site Admin

Re: Avatar

Post by BruceS »

Nice & shiny too........ no bingles or scratches to be seen!
You're welcome!!
BruceS
Mannum, SA

ALAN 41

Post by ALAN 41 »

admin wrote:Nice & shiny too........ no bingles or scratches to be seen!
You're welcome!!
Really good nick for a 1986 model, It was a one owner with only 156.000klm on the clock.
Had been kept under cover when not being used and no rust or repairs anywhere, we paid $6,900 for it, (private sale) dealer up the road has an identical one for $13,000. (in his dreams).
That does look good Al, how long and wide is the pop top bit? Maybe I could graft one onto the Mazda so I can stand up in it

T1 Terry
About the same size as the Kombi Terry, we bought an Oztent to use at the rear so we don"t have to annoy others with the side wizz BANG door. also easier to exit through the rear when the bed at the front is made up, as it's a big step down for a couple short A*&ses. :twisted:

Bit smaller than the old Coaster, but suits our needs and doubles as a second vehicle. :)
I have since added driving lights and replaced the pole holder on the bullbar,also spot mirrors to main ones, they're now painted black like the others. :)
Click image to enlarge.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dot

Post by Dot »

She is looking good Al. How about a pic of her with the ad on on the back?
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
ALAN 41

Post by ALAN 41 »

IMG_0011 - Copy (Large).JPG
Dot wrote:She is looking good Al. How about a pic of her with the ad on on the back?
Only had it as a tent so far Dot and erected in the driveway, it came with the extra extention walls and front wall as well as in the attached picture.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Looks very nice Al, the Kombi has a motor in the boot and the back of the Mazda doesn't open so climbing out the back isn't an option I'd thought of :lol: I will have to keep looking for a suitable pop top, I had a Kombi one and cut the B***dy thing up to dump it grrrr....

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
ALAN 41

Post by ALAN 41 »

T1 Terry wrote:Looks very nice Al, the Kombi has a motor in the boot and the back of the Mazda doesn't open so climbing out the back isn't an option I'd thought of :lol: I will have to keep looking for a suitable pop top, I had a Kombi one and cut the B***dy thing up to dump it grrrr....

T1 Terry
No sense of adventure, have you. :lol:
When we decided on a campervan I had a brainfade. :roll: :twisted: and thought about buying a van and converting it.
I checked around and no secondhand pop tops around and was quoted $6000. plus engineers cert. to supply and fit. :o So I reckon we got this one for bugger all in comparison. :D
norman
Location: Home Base...Paeroa.NZ OZ Base. Where ever we happen to be.......

Post by norman »

Nice looking van Al, we going see you on the road soon... :lol: :lol:
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than speak and remove all doubt....
If at first you dont succeed, Skydiving is not for you.
ALAN 41

Post by ALAN 41 »

norman wrote:Nice looking van Al, we going see you on the road soon... :lol: :lol:
Hopefully Norman.

WARNING.

Our Daughter and the tribe are heading your way on Boxing day. :D
They're spending some time at Lake Taupo. :D
norman
Location: Home Base...Paeroa.NZ OZ Base. Where ever we happen to be.......

Post by norman »

Thanks for the warning Al...Think we have something on that day.. :roll: :roll:
No not really, They can call in if they like will be home....Taupo,s not that far away... 8-) 8-)
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than speak and remove all doubt....
If at first you dont succeed, Skydiving is not for you.
Dot

Post by Dot »

Al the tent add on looks like it would give a lot of extra space. And tell those rellies to take their thermals and a big bank balance if going to Taupo. :lol: :lol:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”