RVing in the US

This section is for any articles of news that you come across that are of interest to other members. Please write a short description and then provide a link to the relevent website of the item. Please be aware that sometimes the website showing the details may be removed. If you later on find the link not working, please advise a Mod so it can be removed.
mikeg

RVing in the US

Post by mikeg »

Here's a blog/site that I came across that was very enjoyable to look through and very easy to navigate with heaps of information. While it is a US site most of the info there is applicable to full timing in Australia. I particularly liked the video on "Driveway Surfing". Be prepared to spend quite some browsing and I hope you enjoy it as much as I have. By the way we are just entering our sixteenth year full timing.

http://www.technomadia.com/

Cheers Mike
Dot

Re: RVing in the US

Post by Dot »

Interesting, what do they mean by "the 10 year rule" for booking into their RV parks???
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Mike is that 16 years in Gypsy Belle? What an adventure you should write a book.
Shirley & Bruce.
Coolabah1au

Post by Coolabah1au »

Yes i found it quite interesting [emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
mikeg

Post by mikeg »

Yep 16 in Gypsy Belle Shirley. I never seem to get the time to write a book as I am always too busy doing nothing much.
Dot

Post by Dot »

So after all that time have you a special place?
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
mikeg

Post by mikeg »

Dot wrote:So after all that time have you a special place?
It been fantastic so far and have never found a bad spot but we are still looking for our 'special' place. In reality there are so many special places that even after 16 years looking it seems there is never enough time to see them all.

To quote the Highwaymen "The road goes on forever and the party never ends"
flexitdriver

Post by flexitdriver »

Interesting, what do they mean by "the 10 year rule" for booking into their RV parks???

Some RV parks will not allow RVs over 10 years old to book/stay, but it depends on the condition of the RV, so if you have a 20 year old or vintage RV in real good condition this clause is likely to be waived. The rule is really to prevent undesirables/hillbillies etc.
Allen
Currently touring in the USA.
Dot

Post by Dot »

Now that is interesting, thanks for that Allen. How about some pics and /or a thread on your tour over there :)
Dot

Post by Dot »

Had another look around the link Mike put up & still finding interesting stuff on there.