Hello!!

Please introduce yourself here. Tell us a little about yourself but, please, no long conversations here.
Dabar34

Hello!!

Post by Dabar34 »

Hi,I'm David and my wife and I have been motorhoming since 1995 when we purchased a 1976 Toyota Hiace with a Freeway cab-over motorhome on it. After its first trip out, down the Great Ocean Road I decided a tired 1.6 litre engine was not going to let us see much of this big country with the time available to us. So over the next six months I fitted an LPG fed 3.3 litre Holden with an auto and grafted a duel wheel diff from a Ford Transit.
We did a couple of big trips in the next few years, West Australia twice and Darwin on another. It served us well but we moved up to a Jayco Conquest in 2008.
We are currently holidaying in Maleny QLD and will be working our way south in the next couple of weeks to catch the Tamworth Music Festival.
Cheers, Dave
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Re: Hello!!

Post by T1 Terry »

Hi Dave & Dave's wife, welcome to the forum. that is quite a feat, A Hiace with a Holden inline 6 cyl and auto with a Transit diff, did that make it a Toyoldeford or a Toyfolden.
How is Maleny at the moment, the last couple of times we visited there with the old forum group it was freezing but it was July or August I think.
Hope you like it here and decide to join in, the more people that post the better the experience and the greater the enjoyment that only a friendly forum can bring.

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Dot

Post by Dot »

Hi and welcome Dave and wife.. Join in and enjoy. :D
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Dabar34

Post by Dabar34 »

Been around 30degrees everyday for the last fortnight. Very nice after another Victorian winter.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”