Jan 2013 photos

Please feel free to post any of your favorite photos here for our monthly competition.
No limit on how many per month and subject unlimited (at this stage!) and should be taken by yourself or anyone else around you. (not from a glossy magazine etc)No chat on here please...
glenda

Re: Jan 2013 photos

Post by glenda »

Hi Terry left the m/home behind just went to a local beach for a cool down a great afternoon out & I didn't have to cook tea
Glenda
Hino 9mtr Bus-Conversion, Batteries: 200Ah x 24v LiFePO4. Solar: 260W x 24v Kyocera. Fridge: 240L x 24v Vitrifrigo. Inverter: 3000W x 24v Gen-Power. Etc.
glenda

Post by glenda »

Thank you Dot
The fish & chips were fantastic, actually I wouldn't mind some right now!! I think polycarbonate mirror's are a good way to go, Light & not dangerious, with care in cleaning I don't see any problems,
Glenda
Hino 9mtr Bus-Conversion, Batteries: 200Ah x 24v LiFePO4. Solar: 260W x 24v Kyocera. Fridge: 240L x 24v Vitrifrigo. Inverter: 3000W x 24v Gen-Power. Etc.
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

admin wrote:That is the fattest wallaby that I think I've EVER seen!!
How big is it?
http://www.ozanimals.com/Mammal/Red-nec ... hetis.html
Have to be one of these I reckon?
Big B, This guy isn't fat, he is one of at least 4 that I have seen. Unless they are all fat. The Lamington Padmelon are a bit smaller and lighter coloured, maybe Dot is right. He must be a fat rangarooo. It just took me a little while to realise that Dot hadn't made a typo. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
generdawg

Post by generdawg »

admin wrote:....Just open it in IrfanView & save it again with the same name.
Warning Warning!

This will overwrite the original file. Do not do this.

Even if you have a copy elsewhere, Murphy will eventually catch you out in backup efforts and you will be left with the smaller resolution degraded file and no amount of tears will bring the high resolution original back.

My simple exercise of renaming PIC0287.jpg to PIC0287x.jpg has proved itself repeatedly.
These shots are easily recognised as expendable trash when cleaning up - especially so if put in a "TEMP" directory. Keeps it rooly simple.

Dawg
Experience is a wonderful thing. It helps you recognise a mistake when repeated.
homeless

Post by homeless »

Hi Brad try saving to a special directory such as "forum photos"etc.
Then all your photos downloaded to forums is in one spot and can be used again and keeps them away from your good photos.
I always rename mine when I created a JPeg and leave the raw image number on ht end so I can go back to the raw image at anytime and if wanted I can adjust and change the color saturation etc when required.
I keep all my raw images on an external hard drive.
Regards
Brian
12 × 5 house boat moored at the present in Mannum Waters Marina.
Converting to LiFePo4 for float alone status
generdawg

Post by generdawg »

homeless wrote:...I keep all my raw images on an external hard drive.
Hello shoeless, I mean Brian

I'll wager that shooting RAW (and I don't mean barefoot), you would be in the 1% group on this forum.

dawg [who also has external hard drive(s)]

RAW: Real As opposed to Woose photography (since there is no acronym definition I can make up me own lol ) or maybe Rooly Awful Weren't they?
Experience is a wonderful thing. It helps you recognise a mistake when repeated.
homeless

Post by homeless »

Good Memory Brad
Still have a good pair of shoes , need them in case they find my body and want to do the right thing.
Might still kick them of just as a reflex action :lol:
RAW image for those that dont know is an image with all the camera imformation stored with is to enable the user to change stuff before converting to a Jpg or similar.
I use Nikon cameras and I have a software program that I can change lots of stuff before saving but rarely do as I prefer to see them as I took them or get rid of them.
I am the only one that sees them so who cares :evil:
Will now be in Victoria till after Easter.
Hope to see you on the road sometime.
Regards
Brian
12 × 5 house boat moored at the present in Mannum Waters Marina.
Converting to LiFePo4 for float alone status
generdawg

Post by generdawg »

Software:

Adobe Photoshop Frightroom 3.6 (arrrrgh)
Nikon ViewNX2

Hardware:

Nikon
D7000 DX
35mm f1.8 DX
18-200mm f3.5-5.6 DX

Tokina
11-16mm f2.8 DX
100mm f2.8 macro FX

Plus accessories like filters, remote shutter release and tripod etc, which is all TOO HEAVY, so I pine for a full frame (FX) Leica M with 18mm, 50mm and 90mm lenses for total weight of 1.366kg!

Anybody want to purchase a good Nikon kit all with original boxes and receipts? lol

dawg
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

mmm, Price Brad?
Phones are so ..........!!!
My last camera kissed a gumtree with great force!
BruceS
Mannum, SA

generdawg

Post by generdawg »

admin wrote:mmm, Price Brad?
Phones are so ..........!!!
My last camera kissed a gumtree with great force!
Phones/camera/gumtree - lights camera action smash! Do we get to see the video?

Even if the above quote was a typo, the camera in the iPhone 5 is quite good. Pity that is all it is good for.

Wasn't meant to be a fishing expedition, so am surprised there is interest, but I chased the current retail price from the original sources and will attempt a PM.

Brad