Beach or bush?

Anything you like to talk about..Dot is the boss...
justgarbage

Re: Beach or bush?

Post by justgarbage »

supersparky wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:25 pm .......beautiful nothingness........
You should put a copyright on that one David. :D
GoinBush

Post by GoinBush »

supersparky wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:25 pm Janelle, If you grew up in Barwon Heads then then you would know the beautiful nothingness (Just made up a word ) of the ocean. It is never the same, but always amazing. And so is the bush. I don't think that you will find a farmer in Australia that can't tell you about every bird, animal or insect that lives on their land. So long as there is a decent campfire at night then anywhere in this great land of ours is a good place to be.
You just have to try to find the time to go visit. I know there are lots of places the I haven't seen yet. :D
That is just a beautiful post David :)
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

David, I think that Shirley and I will tell you that living beside lovely Lake Macquarie is a lot like that. The scenery is always changing. One day we can watch a storm coming across the lake and then next it is a clear as a mirror. Today we saw a yellow seaplane land and take off right in front of our house. Other times we watch as fish jump out of the water or waves form crests and look like surf. There is never a dull moment on a lake and of course the sunsets are amazing. Not to mention watching the morons in summer with their jet skis and tinnies, or the twilights sailing races in summer. :o :lol: :lol:
I too think that the Centre of our country is amazing, having just returned from the trip of a lifetime to Uluru. We both loved seeing the rock formations and changing countrysides and meeting lovely people along the way. So for hubby and I, we don't care where we are, as long as we are together and discovering new places or people. :D :D :D
Deborah

Just get out there and enjoy life
native pepper

Post by native pepper »

I live in the bush which overlooks the southern ocean, just love it, it's the best of both worlds. Gives us sea breezes so rarely a frost, is subject to the southerly busters but reasonably protected and allows us to look down on the rest of our community, but with a hill between us and the town. So very quiet and peaceful.

Have lived in the Snowy's on the snow line and on the sth coast of NSW on the sea shore and loved being able to surf a number of times a day all year round. To bloody cold down here to surf much.
Mrsjustgarbage

Post by Mrsjustgarbage »

dream4red wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:56 pm ......I think that Shirley and I will tell you that living beside lovely Lake Macquarie is a lot like that......
Deborah how is the water quality at the southern end of the lake these days. We have not sailed there for yonks. Back then I think there were warnings in place against eating the fish caught.
Helen Grose

Post by Helen Grose »

I love both The tranquill bush and the rough surf nothing better sitting on a beach and loosing yourself i grow up on a dairy farm at Coopernook
good like for kids [emoji16][emoji16]
Helen the boring one

Sent from my SM-G360G using Tapatalk

mottleemob

Post by mottleemob »

Give me the peace and quiet of the bush anyday
cheers Phil
:mrgreen:
Phil,Ann and Mia the spoilt dog
Wanna be grey nomads from SA
Its a Jayco and we love it And another Jeep
R I P Bonnie
Chris61

Post by Chris61 »

I like both, sometimes you have to put up with Big 4 caravan parks to be where you want to be, just not in school holidays. I enjoy free camping but not in the middle of Woop Woop just because its free.
Newcastle George

Post by Newcastle George »

How about Ship Creek Chris?

George
George, Julie, Leonie & Sean - Kotara, Newcastle
DIY 11.5M 1979 Bedford, Nissan/UD FE6T motor
El Gringo

Post by El Gringo »

I grew up right on the beach, well 10 steps down from the front lawn, at Umina just north of Sydney.
It was fantastic as a kid, you couldn't keep me out of the water.
My mate and I had our pic in the paper one day (probably 6 years old), 'twas the coldest winters day for 40 years or some such, we were both out surfing...
So I love the beach.
However my wife is a bushie, grew up out in Charleville.
We we were first married we decided to go west for a while, I worked in shearing sheds, did some fencing, some Navying on the rail, and some of my trade, painting.
I found it amazing when you get off the beaten track some of the most amazing spots, little bilabongs, with birds and wildlife a plenty, amazing panoramas and the absolute peace and quiet.
So for me i really enjoy both, they both have appeals all their own.
Bernie B
I plan to stop procrastinating tomorrow.