G'day

Please introduce yourself here. Tell us a little about yourself but, please, no long conversations here.
2wander-yonder

G'day

Post by 2wander-yonder »

Hello everyone,

A quick post to say hello and to introduce ourselves. We're Andrew and Joanne and having given up the Corporate world for the real one we now live full time on the road in "AJ" our motorhome.

Too young to totally retire we have decided to try the "work a bit, play a lot" dream a bash.

Andrew has been part of a few other forums and looks forward to being part of this one as well.

Safe driving.

Regards

Andrew and Joanne
..years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. - Mark Twain
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Re: G'day

Post by T1 Terry »

Hi Andrew & Joanne,
What sort of work do you do while you are travelling? Did you set up an office in the motorhome and work from there or just pick up work along the way?
If I haven't before, welcome to the forum :D

T1 Terry & Margaret
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Dot

Post by Dot »

Hi Andrew & Joanne and welcome from me as well :D
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
2wander-yonder

Post by 2wander-yonder »

T1 Terry wrote:Hi Andrew & Joanne,
What sort of work do you do while you are travelling? Did you set up an office in the motorhome and work from there or just pick up work along the way?
If I haven't before, welcome to the forum :D

T1 Terry & Margaret
Hi Terry and Margaret

No office here thankfully :) We have worked the wheat harvest in Qld and NSW and start thinning apples tomorrow here in Victoria (no picking just chucking the bad ones off the tree) and then we are looking at the rice harvest in NSW before some more playtime and then back onto the wheat in October. Might also have a job in Tassie stocking shelves for new stores as well, so no shortage of good jobs (long or short term) if you are not fussy or don't need a corporate salary.

Regards

Andrew & Joanne
..years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. - Mark Twain
2wander-yonder

Post by 2wander-yonder »

Dot wrote:Hi Andrew & Joanne and welcome from me as well :D
Thanks for the welcome Dot.
Dot

Post by Dot »

like you say NO shortage of jobs if you aren't precious or selective in what you do.. Good on yu's, wish I was young and fit again.. Don't they use the "reject" apples for cider? where i worked the cider apples were fetching more than the good ones...
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
2wander-yonder

Post by 2wander-yonder »

Dot wrote:like you say NO shortage of jobs if you aren't precious or selective in what you do.. Good on yu's, wish I was young and fit again.. Don't they use the "reject" apples for cider? where i worked the cider apples were fetching more than the good ones...
I believe the bad ones (black spotcetc) go on the ground and the others either for eating or juice.