Thought for Today

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
Dot

Re: Thought for Today

Post by Dot »

Please re invent my diet, I am sick of soft stuff but that's what I am lumbered with. (I am not a cook by any means) :roll:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

I'm sure if you put a big steak through a blender you could handle it?
Many years ago they were called a Vitamizer?
BruceS
Mannum, SA

T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Dot wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:34 pm Please re invent my diet, I am sick of soft stuff but that's what I am lumbered with. (I am not a cook by any means) :roll:
Just as well you added the last bit Dottie, I was going to suggest the little blue pills ;) :lol:

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Dot

Post by Dot »

Bruce, never again will I ever have vitamized food no matter what it is.
Terry, you are a naughty little boy.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
native pepper

Post by native pepper »

Dot wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:34 pm Please re invent my diet, I am sick of soft stuff but that's what I am lumbered with. (I am not a cook by any means) :roll:
G'day Dot, everyone's dietary requirements and taste is different, there's no silver bullet diet it all comes from experimentation and research. In lots of ways it's the way you prepare foods which counts the most and the ingredients you use, there are many times I make food which is not exactly tasty and a bit bland, other times the taste is wonderful, but hard to repeat as I don't measure anything when cooking just make it up as I go along mostly.

In my diet I use lots of different beans, lentils and other grains. I also make chips. but don't deep fry them, just smear a small amount of olive or avocado oil on a tray and chuck the chips in the oven and for me they are great. I use kenebec potatoes which in my opinion are the best for chips and pink eyes or king Edward for other types of meals and dutch creams for mashed potato. Mashed potato consists of spuds mixed with a bit of avocado and some times a bit of fresh peanut butter, not shops bought peanut butter and most health food shops have peanut butter machines. To keep my costs down I buy most food in bulk and use home grown or locally grown veggies and fruit.

I also experiment with vegan meals I find on the internet, make my own bread and pastry, from flour I grind myself. Love making pasties which consist of veggies and ground sunflower seeds, in season include tomatoes as a sauce and there's nothing like hot chips dipped in homemade blended tomato sauce. Never use salt or sugar, or normal cooking oils and restrict the use of avocado and olive oil to a minimum.

An example of my day, is get up around 5-5.30 walk dogs, catch up on news on the net and have a habit of reading many news sites and drink 1-2 glasses of filtered water, about 3 hours after getting up, I have fruit in season at them moment watermelon, then toast a home made roll and have avocado, tahini and tomato on it as well as one piece peanut butter and avocado. Then don't eat until 1500-1600 and eat more fruit, at the moment, plums, nectarines, peaches, blueberries, apricots and starting yesterday, new seasons apples. Around 1800 eat my main meal and if it include beans, them will start cooking them around midday after soaking them over night.

Cooking starts with putting some spices in a saucepan and heating them up first, that way you bring out the flavours, then add some filtered water, veggies, beans and or lentils which simmer away for about an hour then ready to eat. My dogs eat what i eat, except for avocado which isn't good for them, so they get peanut butter on their toast and they love fruit, especially watermelon.

Some times I'll have a snack after my evening meal, which can consist of dried fruits, unsalted peanuts or cashews. Also make some frozen smoothies, which consist of blending peanuts natural sultanas, a couple of dried dates or home grown figs, 2-3 bananas and a small bit of water then either freeze in small bowls or drink, I like it frozen in summer and some times have it for my fruit in the afternoon on a hot day and the taste is wonderful. I vary that by using excess frozen fruits, mostly apricots which have an abundance and blackberries, I always buy the older bananas they put out cheap because they are sweeter and blend easily, as well as cheap and if have any over, peel and freeze them for another nice after dinner snack.

Because my older dog Dax has a bit of arthritis from his earlier diet of lots of meat, add a small bit of hemp oil into his diet which has a decent amount of CBD in it, which is what in medicinal cannabis oil and you can buy cannabis oil in health food shops and woolies sells it as well. I get a lot of advice from my neighbour, who is a European vegan chef and the drummer in out band and she is the best cook I've ever come across and love experimenting with food. The hemp oil has made a big difference to Dax and much better than the drugs recommended by the vet which comes with horrific side effects and my oldest hairs who is over 35 gets a bit of hemp oil in her feed and it's made difference to her as well.

There are time I will have some organic chicken, and some fresh caught fish, but that only happens a couple of time a year and normally when visiting muso friends in Vic and NSW who have a couple of beers when jamming with them and find having the fish or home grown chicken allows me to have a beer, but that's it for the year and do enjoy it, but that's my drinking grog or eating meats for the year, unless a cray fisher friend gets some by catch of Tas black back native salmon. I'll bake that and we all eat it. That happens once or twice a year when they are running, for the rest of the year don't drink or eat fish or chicken and the last time I did that was last April, so around a year since having any of those things ans never miss them.

Changing your diet isn't easy, because your body is used to a certain taste so it takes a bit of time to get used to is, especially taking slat sugar and diaries out of your diet, the food can taste bland. The use of spices helps in the transition and there's many examples of putting together tasty spices on the internet. It all de3pends on how important taking responsibility for your health is, which determines your success, otherwise yo stick with the destructive pharmaceutical approach, which slowly kills you and that fact is borne out by the numerous side effects of all pharmecutical drugs, which by the way are all derived from fossil fuel oils, as are all the additives, preservatives and chemicals in all processed foods and meats.

Personally don't care what others eat, none of my business and 99% of my friends eat normal diets, they accept me and I accept them, they see the difference in health as have known them for many decades, but they don't change and I never ever suggest they do. If my example isn't enough for those who are suffering, then why would I bother trying to change them, it's our example which determines whether people take notice of how we live and luckily have been able to help some people desperate to regain their health and the example of my lifestyle and diet has given those people something ti aim for. But we all die in the end so it just depends on how we want to be as we age. Pharmaceuticals never sure anything, they only mask the symptoms it's our bodies that do the curing and it's our diet that determines whether our bodies have the right ingredients and internal environment which is conducive to providing the best healing situation.
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

Replace coffee with tea.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

Steak in a glass, Coppers is my preference, although Southwark make a tasty drop as well. Made from malted grains and other plant material, it's the only vegie meat I like ;) :lol:

T1 Terry
Dot

Post by Dot »

Thanks NP, might have to re read your post a couple more times. One of the problems I have is no taste (of food) got that in before T1 said anything. :roll: Because of my tendency to choke now and again I find it scary to try a lot of foods. Manage most fruits ok and stick to mashed vegs and gravy and of course puddings are all ok. Is the hemp oil from the shops good for pain or do you have to get the "real" stuff? I used to give my horse and dogs the apple cider vinegar from the fodder store, might give that a try for pain. I know what you are saying about the medical treatments, try this try that and I am hanging off with a drug the rheumatologist would like me to try but all I want to know is "what is the pain from"? Was diagnosed with "psoriatic Arthritis" and there really isn't any cure and sick of try this try that rubbish. Will go back to reading again Thanks NP.
native pepper

Post by native pepper »

Dot, all hemp oil has CBD in it and you can get dedicated low content CBD oil from a chemist without a prescription, the hemp oil you buy in woolies and health food shops contains CBD and that's what I use for my dog.

Like the most illness, unless you are born with the problem, then it can be treated and the best way to do that is to find and remove the cause. In your case, the only way to do that is to remove the likely suspects from your diet and life style as well as find the triggers which set it off. Things like tumeric, ginger, vitamin D are very helpful for Psoriatic arthritis, as is Epsom salt baths and short term fasting, which means having long breaks from eating so your body can rest digest and eliminate properly. Stress is one of the biggest triggers and a lot of stress is caused by our diets, as our bodies struggle to cope with the toxins and chemicals flooding into it from the diets we have.

Overcoming health problems is not something you can just do and it works straight away, pour bodies are biological machines which we use to be able to live on earth. You wouldn't put water in the sump of your car, or petrol in the radiator, so why do we put alien non natural food into our bodies, which have the same effect as putting the wrong fuels and lubricants into vehicles and machinery. If we looked upon our bodies as biological machines, we have a better chance of having a reasonable healthy life style as the evolution of humans and all animals, doesn't include inorganic chemicals derived from biological and environmental destructive ingredients, fossil fuel oils.

Apple cider vinegar is also very good, the best way to us it is to shower wash your hair then rinse it with a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar and then rinse the cider off, which will cover you body as well as relieve some of the pain. Aloe vera is a very good help in this case and you can buy bulk aloe vera on ebay for a very reasonable prices and it works very well. What works for one, may not work for another, so some experimentation is needed and as all the things I've mentioned are natural proven health aids,there's no side effects or problems with them, but some people may react to some of them.

A few decades ago I knew a bloke who had severe psoriasis as well as arthritis, but don't know if it was Psoriatic arthritis. He was terribly stubborn but suffered greatly and didn't listen to anyone, even after asking their advise, the creams and treatments he was prescribed only made things worse and were very expensive. He refused to give up drinking red wine and eating red meat which is deadly for this condition, but when he visited us, he had no access to wine or a chemist as we lived in the snowy mountains more than 20klms for a road and another 50 klms to a town with any facilities. After two weeks or so he was more conducive to help, because he had car problems and couldn't leave until parts arrived at the nearest town and we could collect them. A few epsom salt baths, no access to red meats or diaries and some CBD content as well as smearing aloe vera on the worst parts, his condition slowly got better. You can buy bulk epsom salts from farm suppliers and it costs about one tenth the cost of over the counter packets and comes in 20kg bags.

As for vitamin D intake, button mushrooms provide a very good supply of vitamin D and getting out in the early morning sun gives you a good dose without it being irritating as does the sun later in the day and walking early in the day also helps stimulate your body. Filtered water for drinking, get coffee out of your diet as it's inflammatory for this condition as are dairies.

I'm no doctor or healer, just spent 50 years studying and experimenting with diet and lifestyle to keep my body in good condition and overcome the problems I faced in my 20's, which included arthritis which runs in our family and effected all my siblings, but disappeared from my life in my early 30's. The only way to get well it to treat yourself and if you were interested, could provide you with a program to help get you started. The biggest barrier to changing my diet and lifestyle, was those closest to me who objected and called me a nutter for the changes I made. But it keep me alive and healthy and they are all dead, including my ex of 25 years who left because of the conflict in dietary regimes classing me as mad. But his mad person is still alive whilst the supposed sane ones are all either dead or suffering.

We now know so much about nutrition and the science proves beyond doubt that the vast majority of our ailments are cause by what we consume and the lifestyles we lead in our heavily polluted noisy societies. All we have to do to turn around our suffering is fond the causes, remove them and provide out bodies with the right aid to help it heal itself.
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

T1 Terry wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:38 am
Steak in a glass, Coppers is my preference, although Southwark make a tasty drop as well. Made from malted grains and other plant material, it's the only vegie meat I like ;) :lol:

T1 Terry
T1, its actually called Coopers Brewery Best Extra Stout. And I love it. Best stuff you have ever introduced me to.
Usually one a day is enough for me. Sometimes two, but never three.
I've given the red wine a bit of a rest for a while to see if it helps with getting some decent sleep.
Bandit get a dollop of hemp seed oil on his tucker every night. It doesn't seem to be doing him any harm.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.