Which one Diesel heater

One question at a time please & once the person asking the question is happy with the answer they'll say "next question please" & anyone can chime in with the next question. (fun, fun, fun!)
Dot

Re: Which one Diesel heater

Post by Dot »

That heater on ebay says to be installed by a prof installer?? if you did the install yourself that would nullify the warranty wouldn't it?
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Dot

Post by Dot »

BernieQ2 wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:01 am DONT buy from the one Bruce put up Dot .

If you buy off ebay check all the parts that you need are in the supplied picture , you need inlet and exhaust mufflers,
two outlets, digital control with remote and at least a 5kw for your bus and check for 12 or 24v system...I don't know which system you have in the bus .
We have a 5kw in the van....oversize but gets the heat up quick before settling down to the temp I have set .
Bernie .
Thanks Bernie, we would use the 12v. We did the check up on the Pinnacle mob in Ballarat and from our feedback from people that live near them (same town) they don;t have a very good reputation for customer service.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
RobertNotBob

Post by RobertNotBob »

George earlier Jim said he could not post a link to PDF file and Bruce suggested he emails it to him. I believed for posting in this thread.

Sorry if it appeared I was interfering in your request to Jim.
jon_d

Post by jon_d »

Dot,

George will be ok to install the heater. Don't worry about the "warranty" all the parts are available on Aliexpress. (possibly look there for other suppliers and ideas too)

I have a 5kw one in the bus. I wouldn't install a 2kw. To small to heat it quickly.

Most important is to get all the bits for your needs; study the photo of your planned purchase carefully.
Grandad

Post by Grandad »

Ok, copy of PDF sent to Bruce, and BCC'ed to others who also asked either here in the thread or by private message.
Dot wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:26 pm That heater on ebay says to be installed by a prof installer?? if you did the install yourself that would nullify the warranty wouldn't it?
To be honest Dot, technically, yes, that would give them an out.
In my personal experience with other items over the years, this type of disclaimer is designed to protect the supplier in the case of some dimwit who buys their product, installs it themselves and stuffs it up so things don't work properly. The supplier would know this was the cause when they look at it in their service department.
They can then decline to repair under warranty because truly, the fault did not lay with the product.

In the real world, if the fault has not been caused by negligent installation but rather a true fault, modern businesses don't generally look for an excuse to not honour the warranty. They see the value in keeping the customer happy because referral business is the best kind.

And to get in first, yes..... There are many instances where fly by night mobs have skirted their warranty obligations. I personally believe that with those businesses, if you had a professional install the heater, they would find some other excuse to knock back your claim.

Jim
There Comes a time in life, when you must walk away from all drama and the people who create it
Grandad

Post by Grandad »

An addendum. There is also a pretty intensive series of YouTube clips in one playlist that we found very, very useful.

I'll find the link for those who intend to install themselves.

Jim
There Comes a time in life, when you must walk away from all drama and the people who create it
Grandad

Diesel Heater PDF is HERE!

Post by Grandad »

You should be able to either read it or if you wish, download & save it.
HTTPS://www.ozervnews.com/Diesel_Heater ... lation.pdf
(Poster changed to Jim's name)
jon_d

Post by jon_d »

If I could just add a comment.

Re: The black rubber fuel line joiners.

Some heaters come with thin walled single layer rubber tube. WIthin a year or so they perish and start leaking profusely.

When installing, use proper fuel line with is double layer and a fiber weave internally. From memory, the size is 3/16" ID. Available at all auto parts stores.

https://www.supercheapauto.com.au/p/rar ... 04891.html

https://www.autobarn.com.au/ph316-fuel- ... 8-7m-fh316
Noggins

Post by Noggins »

An extra to the diesel heater problems is that the square tank supplied turns yellow and goes brittle if exposed to the sun.
I have, for a few, changed the square slim tank originally supplied with a 10Ltr Garden spray from Bunnings.
I removed the pump and used a cap turned up and slightly cut down Silastic-ed in place of the pump mechanism.
The fuel line can be used as per pickup for the handpiece and connected to the system fuel line.
The relief valve I damage a little so it won't seal and lets in air to balance the tank internal pressure.
I also spray the container silver to reduce the UV damages that will eventually happen to it.

The Garden spray bottle is a far lot cheaper ( $10 ) alternative to buying a new tank ( $40 ) every few years and using a slightly modified pipe clamp easier to locate on the van.

Ron
Much that passes as idealism is disguised hatred or disguised love of power.

Ignorance is Liberating
You're not restricted by facts or knowledge.
You're a Free Person and, as such, able to form your own conclusions.
jon_d

Post by jon_d »

Just paint them and the UV won't get through.