Swag Sct16 Max

Please feel free to describe your motorhome, campervan or caravan. (make, model, length etc)
wayno

Swag Sct16 Max

Post by wayno »

Hi all, just wondering if any one has come across this model in their travels.

I am steering clear, but it suits me in many ways. I would appreciate any feedback.

Do not get in to origin of manufacture, nearly all are from there in one form or other.

Just a sight on road and or some campfire discussion would be fabulous.

Wayno 8-)
Enjoying living in Central Victoria.

As far as away from dirty Dan as possible. ;)
RobertNotBob

Re: Swag Sct16 Max

Post by RobertNotBob »

Can you post a link mate?
Eddy

Post by Eddy »

I think it could be a camper trailer https://camperx.com.au/Reviews/12879/SW ... X_Reviewed
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

IMO campers set up like this with cooking etc., outside, are ok in good weather & summertime, no good if it rains or windy & wintertime when it’s cold, not to mention flies, maybe ok for the young guns, not oldies.
Looks good for the type of camper. 😀
Shirley & Bruce.
wayno

Post by wayno »

Hi Robert, sure, see link attached. https://www.swagcampertrailers.com.au/p ... d-caravan/
RobertNotBob wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 7:49 am Can you post a link mate?
See what you think and let me know you thoughts.

I like the size, for me I don't need anything larger, a bit weighty but should be good behind the new D-Max.
Being a full height van with separate shower and dunny appeals to me as well.
I am mainly looking at heading north in winter (Vic based) and doing medium off road into National Parks and out of the way free camps.

Cheers,

Wayne

wayno

Post by wayno »

Hello Eddy,

Take a look at this, https://www.swagcampertrailers.com.au/p ... d-caravan/
Eddy wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 9:20 am I think it could be a camper trailer https://camperx.com.au/Reviews/12879/SW ... X_Reviewed
Take a look at what I posted back to Robert.
Be well and look forward to reading what you think.

Wayno

wayno

Post by wayno »

Hi Shirley,
Thank you for your thoughts. Yes, I have considered the downsides you mention.
I am a Victorian, so very used to wind, rain and not so pleasant conditions. Always have some Campbell's soup or SPC beans for those days. I will be sure to get an internal stove top for that occasion.
Plus I am usually cooking on the Weber Baby Q most of the time.
I am planning to go north for Winter, so hope to beat the cold as often as possible.
Shirley wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 3:59 pm IMO campers set up like this with cooking etc., outside, are ok in good weather & summertime, no good if it rains or windy & wintertime when it’s cold, not to mention flies, maybe ok for the young guns, not oldies.
Looks good for the type of camper. 😀
Flies? Have you had Fish n Chips in Busselton? You need to brush them of and only hope you got most of them off before eating. Bit of extra ruffage I guess.
What's a young gun?? I am turning 66 next November am I past it Shirley? You are starting to worry the hell out of me. :shock:

Be well girl and chime in again with your thoughts.

Wayno ;)

Eddy

Post by Eddy »

Hi Wayne

Sure looks the goods in the promo. Having the separate shower & toilet is a bonus - our previous van had a combo, it was interesting exercise if you happen to drop the soap. Rhonda always likes to make the bed up daily - I think the bed in this van would be challenging

It seems to be quite a weighty van with an ATM of 2900kg

All the vans we have owned are on road versions, outside of Leonora we parked up next to a style of van similar to what you are looking at (can't remember the brand) - they had travelled similar gravel roads to us. The lady was devastated when she opened her external pull out pantry, red dust everywhere - hopefully there is one near to you where you can see & touch and inspect in more detail

What sort of delivery time ? We ordered our current van March 2021 and took delivery September 2022

Good luck

Eddy
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Wayne, I’ll still rate you as a young gun :lol: :lol: you still have a few years as one :lol: :lol: if you do most of your cooking outside & have a portable burner inside for when needed sounds good, guess it depends on what & how you cook, loved my 3 ring gas top & seperate oven, don’t know about having the fridge outside ?
Flies, definitely not good & terrible in some locations, especially if you’re trying to cook outside.

The van definitely looks good, will you be living permanently in it?
Shirley & Bruce.
wayno

Post by wayno »

Hi Eddy,
Thank you for getting back.
Eddy wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 1:24 am Hi Wayne

Sure looks the goods in the promo. Having the separate shower & toilet is a bonus - our previous van had a combo, it was interesting exercise if you happen to drop the soap. Rhonda always likes to make the bed up daily - I think the bed in this van would be challenging (Only me and my dog mate, bed gets done less often than Rhonda might like)

It seems to be quite a weighty van with an ATM of 2900kg (Yep, sure is and a bit of a downer in my decision making)

All the vans we have owned are on road versions, outside of Leonora we parked up next to a style of van similar to what you are looking at (can't remember the brand) - they had travelled similar gravel roads to us. The lady was devastated when she opened her external pull out pantry, red dust everywhere - hopefully there is one near to you where you can see & touch and inspect in more detail (Yes, I have watched many You Tubes in this issue and am wary of it. Still researching.)

What sort of delivery time ? We ordered our current van March 2021 and took delivery September 2022 (Who knows and ain't in a hurry)

Good luck

Eddy
Thanks for your thoughts,

Wayno