Why is buying a motorhome so stressful?

Please feel free to describe your motorhome, campervan or caravan. (make, model, length etc)
Dot

Re: Why is buying a motorhome so stressful?

Post by Dot »

Terry would you put the pics on p3 up but mark on then where all this action is happening? (please)
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Dot wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 3:55 pm Terry would you put the pics on p3 up but mark on then where all this action is happening? (please)
:? ummm.... have you been out in the sun too long Dottie :lol: That is the front yard and the photos are inside the bus in the front yard
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

Dot wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:33 pm Glad you know what is happening there cuz I don't, Will you be off tomorrow?? :twisted:
I doubt it now, the heat up on the roof at lunchtime was a bit too much and the body gave me all the warning signs to go inside and cool off a tad ... tight chest, headache, dizziness, difficulty breathing .... so had a few hrs off. Back out there around 5 pm doing wiring in the bins under the bus, and I started to feel a bit second hand again, took the thermometer out there, 46*C in the shade inside the bin :o Might wait a few more hrs before venturing out there again

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

Dot wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:33 pm Glad you know what is happening there cuz I don't, Will you be off tomorrow?? :twisted:
In the previous photos, viewtopic.php?p=144848#p144848 the metal plate can be seen with the fishoil on half of it.

In the first photo in this post viewtopic.php?p=144883#p144883 the bottle full of water can be seen holding the aluminium plate down on the glue and the hollow filled in with 4 tubes of goop to bring it up level for the drivers side aluminium plate to go on .... that white goop is 15mm thick, the last photo shows the gap that was filled using fibreglass and bog, but the rust underneath shows it never sealed against the metal so the water was flowing in under the fibreglass and down the inner walls of the bus causing rust to start there as well ....

T1 Terry
Dot

Post by Dot »

UM ok :? :? :?
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

It looked like threatening rain last night, so dragged myself up on the roof again to finish off sealing all the joints. 2 x 600ml sausages and 6 x 310ml cartridges later, at least all the leak points are filled,
I'll build it up to level later with Sodal SMX 50 to retain that flexible joint to hopefully stop any further gaps opening up.

Now to finish off the inverter, battery, 240vac rewiring and 12v as well as 24v wiring .... and it's even hotter out there today than yesterday :o

T1 Terry
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

Yeah, well, lasted about 20 mins and the body reckoned it was not a good idea to continue. Got as bit more done after maybe 4:30, but an hr and the body went into the same reminder mode .... tomorrow is another day .....

T1 Terry
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

T1, I reckon you go into 'limp mode'. Same as me. I've been doing the same thing for a few years now. Don't overdo things. Give yourself a bit of a break mate. Maybe adjust your initial timeline. No point going wobbly and falling off the roof.
I do understand that Marg wanted to get away and visit some friends, but .........
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
Dot

Post by Dot »

Tomorrow is going to be cooler or you could do stuff in the evening . You are retired now so what's the hurry?
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

Yeah, the mad rush to get on the road to Nhill to look at these houses with our friend from Lake Illawarra, is no longer a priority. The sun and heat beat me, now, today, it's raining :roll: Usual Mannum rain storms, enough to make you pack everything up so it doesn't get wet, then a patch of blue sky appears ... get everything out to start again, the whole scenario repeats ......
At least I seem to have fixed the roof leak at the front, no new rust lines appeared down the lower panels after last night's rainstorm.

Today will be wiring up the rest of the 240v from the generator to the inverter and from the inverter to the RCDs inside the bus.
Figuring out the 12v wiring and separating what will be 24v will take a while longer, then setting up a 24/12 DC to DC charger will need a few brain cells to come back on line. The Redarc BCDC1240 has crazy 12v charging voltages that would destroy a lithium battery, but maybe the sodium ion battery could handle the excess voltage better, but that will require time to conduct the testing ....

T1 Terry