Refilling of gas bottles in Vic

One question at a time please & once the person asking the question is happy with the answer they'll say "next question please" & anyone can chime in with the next question. (fun, fun, fun!)
Craig

Re: Refilling of gas bottles in Vic

Post by Craig »

I filled up a 9kg in Ballarat about a month ago. So unless the law has changed in the meantime Dot I reckon you have been given a crap story.
Full time on the road in an Alpine 2855
VicA

Post by VicA »

Still getting refilled at servo in Sale ......Have not heard any rumors

Cheers
Vic
Dot

Post by Dot »

Thank you boys (as I thought) Don't you just love family crap? :)
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Ros20549

Post by Ros20549 »

Dot we get ours filled at either Rays or BCF without any problems. Really don't want to go down the track of swap and go.yuk :x

Cheers Ros.
Most people spend their healthy years trying to be wealthy, only to spend their wealthy years trying to be healthy....
Dot

Post by Dot »

Ros20549 wrote:Dot we get ours filled at either Rays or BCF without any problems. Really don't want to go down the track of swap and go.yuk :x

Cheers Ros.
Thanks Ros, just as we thought, just another "I know everything" crap statement that we shall ignore along with the rest of his verbal diarrhoea. Thank goddess for the forum where mostly common sense prevails (notice I did say MOSTLY)? :roll:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Chuck

Post by Chuck »

Speaking of BCF...

Refilled one of our 9kg bottles cupla days ago..... $19 !!
Chuck & Catriana
aka Geriatric Gypsies.

2018 VW Tiguan.
White.
Dot

Post by Dot »

Chuck wrote:Speaking of BCF...

Refilled one of our 9kg bottles cupla days ago..... $19 !!
Skiting once again I see!! :roll: :roll:
Have seen them on the way home (now at Camerons corner out of Nhill) still advertising refills :roll:
Jim

Post by Jim »

Jim wrote:BCF & Ray's are owned by the same company. Also Supercheap Auto.
Didn't mean to infer that Supercheap refill. Just advising the three resources all owned by the one company.
Dot

Post by Dot »

No worries Jim I don't care who owns what as long as they have what I want. Think we shall find the Chinese own us all anyway :)
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

The refiller/operator does have to be certified these days where anyone could do it at one stage. The date stamp inspection is part of the refillers training requirement and if they are caught refilling out of date bottles both the refiller looses his certification for a penalty period and gets a fine, the refilllling station also looses their accreditation for the penalty period and cops an even bigger fine.
The crazy thing is, the swap mobs often have out of date full bottles in their racks. We went through one place when travelling and everyone of their bottles was out of date.... yet they don't seem to get any action taken against them, crazy.
Being a licenced LPG auto gas installer we had to be able to identify the warning signs of cylinders no longer fit for use, even though they were still within the date coding, the condition of a lot of the swap bottles is atrocious, but nothing will happen until someone is badly injured or killed as a result of a failed bottle, then they will jump on every body, not just the swap companies that are flaunting the rules and regulations.
I remember a while back there was a thread on the CF about a new bottle on the drawbar of a new caravan sprung a leak at the centre weld spraying the liquid LPG in a huge cloud in front of the van. I tried to do a follow up to see what the authorities did to investigate how a bottle with a vessel inspection stamp on it managed to have a faulty weld seam, it would never have passed the mandatory high pressure test all cyl as supposed to be subjected to before they are date stamped.... not a sign of any action what so ever :twisted: so much for the system set up to police these things :roll:
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO

Return to “What's Your Question Please?”