Jacko's setup

Please feel free to describe your motorhome, campervan or caravan. (make, model, length etc)
jacko

Re: Jacko's setup

Post by jacko »

Gday we were at Edithberg in SA and during a storm the wind was exteremly strong forcing the rain up in through the vent which we were unable to stop apart from stuffing towels in he hole from the inside until it stopped luckily did minimumal damage to the inside lining, this was on a previous sterling. This type of vent is used by quite a few manufacturers and is usually not a problem until you are in strong winds with rain. I wasn't able to find a different type of vent and can't be closed in as it is part of the gas venting system so adapted some ideas that others had used first put the lip across the top but decided that clear pespex with spacers to allow air flow worked the best. Did the same modification to currnt sterling but so far haven't been in a similar storm only heavy rain. Its more of a preventitive or peace of mind. Its an easy mod and not noticeable with clear Perspex .
Jacko
Dot

Post by Dot »

Did you get your table sorted Jacko?
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
jacko

Post by jacko »

Haven't been here for quite awhile and yes i did solve the table problem by updating the van and the ute
Last edited by jacko on Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dot

Post by Dot »

So now you need to show us what you got :)
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
jacko

Post by jacko »

Ok got limited data we on the road currently in Katherine will post more later
jacko

Post by jacko »

We are now in Darwin

Dot

Post by Dot »

Good one Jacko, nice pics. Think you are much better up there than back home right now... brrrr sooo cold down here
jacko

Post by jacko »

Yes been 30° everyday here family in Adelaide say its been very cold wet and snow in the hills we spent 10 days in Cairns and it rained for 7 of them stopped as soon as we left. There has been a few bugs to iron out with this rig as its second hand but good so far it has a diesel heater which was great on the trip north when we left in May and will probably use on the way back. Has 2x120 solar panels and 2 x100ah deep cycle batteries. We added an auto satellite dish. We kept our annex from previous van but will have it altered we we return as this van is higher. We didnt have much time to do all the alterations before we left just bearings repacked and brake adjustments suspension grease etc.
looking at the previous van pics and comments on the table i see table is the same in this one ha ha its because we like the table length ways. I made the table drop down on the last van and kept the centre pole but found the table is bigger and wont fit between the club lounge cushions. I think i will make a new tabletop when we get back so we can create another bed without removing the cushions.
cheers
Dot

Post by Dot »

Better to stay where it is warmer Jacko, yes there was snow in the hills. We are in Strath and are heading west in a few days time hoping for warmer times but bob n Bev say it is cold over there as well??? (Quabba)?
bob r

Post by bob r »

Should come this way dot 17 deg at 6 this morning 27 deg yesterday, the cane has been cut next door
And no snakes. ;)

Bob

Return to “About your outfit”