Easter Gathering at Ashbourne

Any dates & venues of get togethers, Farmer's Markets, Shows, Rally's or other items of interest
BruceS
Site Admin

Easter Gathering at Ashbourne

Post by BruceS »

Discussion and directions about the Ashbourne gathering.

The ground is solid. There are trees for shade if needed. We have access to the toilets.
The cost is $5 pr rig pr night. The Green Man Inn is within walking distance. Meadows Easter Fair is on the 4 days over Easter 14 ks away. Strathalbyn is also 14 ks away, Goolwa beach 30 minutes away, Victor harbour 45 mins away, Langhorne creek wineries 30 mins away, Finniss wineries 15 minutes away, Hahndorf 30 - 40 mins away. Adelaide CBD 45 minutes away. Birdwood car museum 45 mins. Reckon we may have a guest singer one night (a local) Plenty of room for all the big rigs. Can arrive from 15th-23rd April Plenty to see in the area. Anyone welcome but as usual ALL dogs must be kept on leads and picked up afterwards. Arrive with full water and empty black tanks/cassettes.
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Dot

Re: Easter Gathering at Ashbourne

Post by Dot »

[attachment=0]ashbourne hall.jpg[/attachm

ent]
Ashbourne is on the Meadows to Goolwa Rd SA, can't be missed so do not blink..
This is the area for parking next to the hall. Was old tennis courts so nice and firm. May also have a visit from an old forum friend now resident in WA. ;) The Green Man Inn do a mean roast on a Sunday for $12.50 but the atmosphere is what is the best "there is a story that the place is haunted" Also there is a new shop in Macclesfield (less than 30mins away) that does the meanest healthy food and also has local talent performing there as well, If I speak to the lady she just might give us a good deal.. (I have some ammo on her younger days) ;) The shop is called "The Melting Pot" Plus on the night of the full moon we shall be having another mooning session, everyone welcome to join the line of bums :roll: Cassettes may be emptied in the hall loos unless there are nasty chemicals in it but there is a dump point in Strathalbyn 14 ks away if it is needed, water also can be obtained through our water run.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Dot

Post by Dot »

Have a promise from the lady from the Macclesfield Melting Pot Café that she will be joining us for a bit of a sing along one evening and has promised to "look after" the oldies if we go as a group to the shop. I guarantee this lady will have you joining in. She and George have a secret ;) Plus she was a mechanic in her youth :)
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Dot

Post by Dot »

Just incase some of you need these co ordinates for Ashbourne SA 5157.. (Road between Meadows and Goolwa) Bull Creek Rd.
-35.285253, 138.769645
Good mobile coverage but if you get stuck just yell
Dot

Post by Dot »

another dwellwer.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Swisslulu

Post by Swisslulu »

How about an update and some pics for those of us less fortunate?
Cheers
Lesley
Our Blog: http://lesleyanderich.wordpress.com
Dot

Post by Dot »

Ashbourne Friday.jpg
Today (Good Friday) was supposed to have seen the lazy lot here go into the markets at Meadows 14ks away but they reckoned they smelt rain so thought another bludging day was in order so Lyn and Rob went by themselves. I had a surprise planned but seeing I had to get away without suspicion I had to tell a porky pie. Anyway G and I took off after morning tea and headed for the big smoke picked up 2 surprise parcels and headed back to base around 2pm. Got the motley mob to face away from our bus while I sneaked the two parcels in behind the mob then when they were told to turn around they were greeted with screams of delight to see some dear faces from WA in front of them. Yep Noggins aka Ron & Phyl were in town for the night after a trip on the Ghan. Not too long after we got back another rig pulled in and it was Pet-els. Poor man wondered what he had come to but I think he got the gist of things by the time we left once more to take the 2 surprise parcels back to the city. Have just got home 9.45pm. Had to drive rather carefully as there are roos in this area but luckily just saw 2 about 500mts from base. Lots of new born lambs popping out as well. Very pretty with the huge old gum trees and the baby lambs playing in the sunshine. Going to go to the markets tomorrow after a good sleep in though. Kay has a couple of pics for you tomorrow. Have been a bit busy lately.
ozfueler

Post by ozfueler »

Sounds like a great time being had by all, wish we could have joined you.
ozfueler
Lorraine and Steve travelling the H.O.A. In a 1976 Denning Mono towing a 1936 Ford coupe street rod or A framing a 1998 Terios.
Keith Morris

Post by Keith Morris »

Dot wrote:
Ashbourne Friday.jpg
Today (Good Friday) was supposed to have seen the lazy lot here go into the markets at Meadows 14ks away but they reckoned they smelt rain so thought another bludging day was in order so Lyn and Rob went by themselves. I had a surprise planned but seeing I had to get away without suspicion I had to tell a porky pie. Anyway G and I took off after morning tea and headed for the big smoke picked up 2 surprise parcels and headed back to base around 2pm. Got the motley mob to face away from our bus while I sneaked the two parcels in behind the mob then when they were told to turn around they were greeted with screams of delight to see some dear faces from WA in front of them. Yep Noggins aka Ron & Phyl were in town for the night after a trip on the Ghan. Not too long after we got back another rig pulled in and it was Pet-els. Poor man wondered what he had come to but I think he got the gist of things by the time we left once more to take the 2 surprise parcels back to the city. Have just got home 9.45pm. Had to drive rather carefully as there are 'roos in this area but luckily just saw 2 about 500mts from base. Lots of new born lambs popping out as well. Very pretty with the huge old gum trees and the baby lambs playing in the sunshine. Going to go to the markets tomorrow after a good sleep in though. Kay has a couple of pics for you tomorrow. Have been a bit busy lately.

"tanks" here:---I can highly recommend a product called "Shoo Roo" ---they work if you put them on the vehicle as per instructions.
No more Roo Strikes to be worried about. They work by making an ultrasonic whistle when you are doing more than 50 kph. You can see them sit up and look at you, and then they bound off into the bush or away from your vehicle. At least that is how it works with the Sprinter. I have 2 of them on each of my cars and also on the motorhome. If you are driving less than 50 kmph you should be able to miss any that run in front of you.

Cost around $6.00 per pack (2 per pack) post free on e-Bay, or about up to $11.00 from Auto-pro or some place like that. It is possible that Bunnings also sell them.
Again HIGHLY RECOMMENDED by Tanks as a Roo deterant.
Keith.

I'm now 85 years of age and living in WA, single (gave up looking), white hair, no teeth, no address, no money, no worries.
Dot

Post by Dot »

Ashbourne and visitors.jpg
Dot & George went & collected good mutual friends Phyl & Ron from their Hotel in Adelaide after they got off the Ghan.
Want a wonderful present from Adelaide. they said that they had to go to Adelaide to deliver some dog food :roll: :roll:
Transferred for Kay :roll:

Return to “Event & Get Togethers”