What Price To Dump

One question at a time please & once the person asking the question is happy with the answer they'll say "next question please" & anyone can chime in with the next question. (fun, fun, fun!)
Craig

Re: What Price To Dump

Post by Craig »

We have never paid for a dump point and we never will. I will simply move on to the next town that caters for RV's. I suppose not having to empty a cassette every three days is the beauty about having a black tank.

From memory Dot, is that dump point in a van park?
Full time on the road in an Alpine 2855
Dot

Post by Dot »

Yes Craig it is a council owned one but it has always been free until the last week or so. .
Caravans don't have the luxury to have a big bog capacity though. We have 2 cassettes just in case but I do feel there will be more roadside dumpings
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
generdawg

Post by generdawg »

supersparky wrote:... someone stuffed that up by dumping a load of ammonia one night...
Busselton gives out the combination over the phone once you give all your details.
Think we were the one of if not the first to use this brand new unit. Note the sponsors.
There is no charge, so I guess this is an effort to combat abuse.
Busselton DP How to's.jpg
Busselton DP locks.jpg
Busselton DP Sponsors.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Experience is a wonderful thing. It helps you recognise a mistake when repeated.
Jon and Kay

Post by Jon and Kay »

Shirley wrote:Maybe $2 might be ok in a C.P. But not if it has been installed by the CMCA, then should be free to all travellers. CMCA dump points are installed for ALL to use FREE.
This is not the case, and CMCA Members are not the only recipients of this partnership with Councils. CMCA subsidise the cost of the DP usually in partnership with private enterprise or Government organisations. The installation, including signage is provided by the Council at their cost. The maintenance, including pumping out where sewerage is not connected, is paid by the Council.

Is $5 a reasonable representation of actual cost? Probably not.
Jon
Chuck

Post by Chuck »

If I need to use the dump point at a town I'm traveling through & also purchasing items from that town then I would not expect to have to pay a fee to use the dump point. If it's at a manned site then producing receipts from that town should be sufficient.

If not spending money in the town then I have no objection to handing over a couple of $$ for the convenience.
Chuck & Catriana
aka Geriatric Gypsies.

2018 VW Tiguan.
White.
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

My comment was that CMCA subsidized dump points are installed for ALL Travelers to use, CMCA is constantly working at installing more dump points Australia wide.
Shirley & Bruce.
Jon and Kay

Post by Jon and Kay »

That's right Shirley :)
Jon
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

I'm thinking of charging Councils for my POO...it don't stink!
Bernie.
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Me too Bernie! Our council recycle it & water the foreshore lawns & Cemetery with it & pay me nought!!
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Helen Grose

Post by Helen Grose »

Hello everyone ,
I took the letter to the Council this morning They have it now so we will see what happens
Will keep you up dated if I hear anything
Helen :?: :?:

Return to “What's Your Question Please?”