Let's go the long way

Please introduce yourself here. Tell us a little about yourself but, please, no long conversations here.
Angela

Let's go the long way

Post by Angela »

Hi, my name is Angela and I am married to Brett.

We got into motorhoming by complete accident, but are very happy we fell into it!

When our kids were little, Brett left work to look after them. While "at home" he got back in to speedway racing. Once the kids started school, I told him that I was no longer funding his motor racing habit, so Brett got a casual job with a motorhome rental company. It was the start of a big learning curve. The learning never ends of course! A few years later, after gaining more experience with another company, Brett left work to start his own business looking after privately owned campervans and motorhomes. He has been doing that for more than a few years now. Our youngest is nearly 22 and left school a while back.

It seemed a sensible move to get a campervan as our business vehicle. We bought an old HiAce van with a Trakka conversion. Age (and rust) got the better of that van, although we got a lot of enjoyment out of it first.

We then bought a little white ute and a camper shell. Brett fitted out the shell to suit what we wanted. We have been really happy with the little slideon. The longest trips we have done have lasted about 3 weeks - but I reckon we could go way longer. If not for that annoying job of mine!

I have always loved travelling by road, and to carry our little home around with us, it is the best.

Angela
Dot

Re: Let's go the long way

Post by Dot »

Hi Angela & Brett. Welcome to this friendly and happy forum. Nice outfit you have there, any pics of your set up is welcome.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Hi Angela & Brett, welcome to the forum. This wouldn't be the same Brett as Brett's Camper Care would it?

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Angela

Post by Angela »

Yes, Brett's Camper Care.

But Brett is allergic to computers, and I work in IT.
So I like belonging to forums, and Brett likes to fix stuff.

Angela
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Hello Angela & Brett,
Welcome!
Feel free to put a little bit of a writeup in the For Sale section if you wish.
Anything of benefit to members is welcome.
Like......... does he just wash them? Does he repair them?
BruceS
Mannum, SA

T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

Brett is quite well know in the Brisbane area, well actually in the motorhome area as a skilled motorhome fixer and bit fitter, there you go, a free plug :lol:
Hope we meet up again at an event some where.

T1 Terry & Margaret
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
norman
Location: Home Base...Paeroa.NZ OZ Base. Where ever we happen to be.......

Post by norman »

He,s a repair guy. Does a fantatic job.Talks alot :lol: especially about a Leyland P76 he has. :lol: Did the solar and a few other jobs on our Mitsi.Good M8 of Mr Vals.....What else.Can highly recommend him if you want any M/H stuff done...
pbs5gm5m.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than speak and remove all doubt....
If at first you dont succeed, Skydiving is not for you.
Angela

Post by Angela »

Thanks for your kind words about my husband.

He takes great pride in doing a good job, and he loves fixing people's motorhomes.

And he is the owner and driver of the only Leyland powered P76 drag car in Australia. (probably the world!)

Angela
Geoff1313

Post by Geoff1313 »

A P76 drag car. Wow. Pictures please!

Cheers Geoff1313
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

Welcome to the forum Geoff, long time no see. Certainly looking forward to the photos of the P76 drag car Angela, maybe with Brett launching it from the light?

Return to “Introduce Yourself”