Grey water grubs

Anything you like to talk about..Dot is the boss...
dapope

Re: Grey water grubs

Post by dapope »

With our old winnie, we tried to dump the grey water "fresh". preferably around a tree or on a lawn
These days we save it to rinse the black water tank. It can get smelly, but at least its all down the dump point. We always use environmentally friendly cleaning products anyway.
Wobblybox on wheels
Pace Arrow. La de da, property in two continents..
norman
Location: Home Base...Paeroa.NZ OZ Base. Where ever we happen to be.......

Post by norman »

dapope wrote:With our old winnie, we tried to dump the grey water "fresh". preferably around a tree or on a lawn
These days we save it to rinse the black water tank. It can get smelly, but at least its all down the dump point. We always use environmentally friendly cleaning products anyway.
There a tidy Kiwi now...... :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol:
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than speak and remove all doubt....
If at first you dont succeed, Skydiving is not for you.
BruceV

Post by BruceV »

Were they rental vehicles? It is accepted practice in Europe to drop your grey water on the road and not in the caravan park, many of which do not have sullage.
BruceV
Opinions are only as good as the facts that support them
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

:) :) Reminds me of the time I got stuck behind a stockcrate full of cows with full bladders.
Eventually the wipers wouldn't shift it any more.
Pulled up for a coffee...........
BruceS
Mannum, SA

wanderer

Post by wanderer »

admin wrote::) :) Reminds me of the time I got stuck behind a stockcrate full of cows with full bladders.
Bet you didn't order a beefburger to have with the coffee. :lol: :lol:
dapope

Post by dapope »

admin wrote::) :) Reminds me of the time I got stuck behind a stockcrate full of cows with full bladders.
Effluent group then??
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Wobblybox on wheels
Pace Arrow. La de da, property in two continents..
Jim

Post by Jim »

BruceV wrote:Were they rental vehicles? It is accepted practice in Europe to drop your grey water on the road and not in the caravan park, many of which do not have sullage.
The first post said "They were left over from the CMCA chapter meet so should have known better." - so perhaps they weren't rentals?
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

Just as "Perhaps it was clean water"
Steve Williams
http://stevew1945blog.com/

Every absurdity has a champion to defend it.
Oliver Goldsmith. 1728 -1774
TigerMK1

Post by TigerMK1 »

Some time ago we were parked at a large shopping centre. The lady had gone shopping and the RV was parked on quite a slope. As usual for us, I had just filled the water tanks before the stop. I had an older chap bang on the door and ask me if that was grey water flowing out from underneath. He looked quite upset. I let him know it was genuine fresh running from the top of our fresh water tanks. (still got to raise the top vents :roll: )
ucdailoi

Post by ucdailoi »

I dont see a problem running grey water onto the ground.... Im stuffed if I do...

Dogs crap on the ground, as do horses, birds, cats etc etc... Water catchment areas have horses and cattle running in them. We drank water from tanks where the water was collected from roofs that birds crapped on..... I have even found a dead rat in the tank filter where the water entered the tank.. It all seems to be a storm in a tea cup.

Our rivers and beaches are contaminated with all sorts of bacteria and people have been discouraged from swimming in some places because of the high levels of that and chemicals.... but the drama over 10 or 50 litres of grey water brings some people into a sweat.

I have stayed in caravan parks where they encourage people to move their grey water hose around for the benefit of the grass....

I get the feeling that people may be over dramatising the whole grey water issue... The Sun is a great steriliser and the moisture is beneficial to the ground.

I have read the perceived problems and the excitement that is generated by Grey Water Warriors and I feel it is overblown...

Please give me "The Good Oil" and help me to feel the pain....
I am a man of many talents, being direct is one which seems to raise the most interest...

Return to “Dot,s Banal Chat...”